Fwd: Re: [apple-iphone] How to Make Ringtones
I figured it out.
"Create AAC version" wasn't in my menu because I converted some songs
to MP3. You have to go into Preferences, General, Import Settings and
set it to AAC. Then, all your conversions are AAC.
The rest worked fine. Set song to a start and end time to isolate the
clip. Convert to AAC. Drag song to finder and change to .m4r. Drag
back in and it lands in Ringtone folder.
(The other common way to do this is with GarageBand.)
____________
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 22:28:44 -0700
To:
From: Moe Rubenzahl <moej@rubenzahl.
Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] How to Make Ringtones
Cc:
Bcc:
X-Attachments:
I found about a zillion places on the web that talk about how to make
a ringtone from a song in iTunes. They all start by converting the
song to AAC. My iTunes 9 doesn't have that choice, either in the
Advanced menu, or using control-click (right-click) on the song.
Undaunted, I started with an AAC song and did as instructed: Set
start and stop times such that the clip was under 40 seconds, save
file to desktop, change extension to .m4r.
Nope, that file is seen as regular old music.
Arg.
Help!
0 comments:
Post a Comment