Re: [apple-iphone] Re: fm transmitter 4 car
OK, I conducted my experiment with two different cars and several times of day
and night and I tested the Monster in one additional car.
I found that I got the best reception overall with the Monster - as the digital
dial was able to very accurately pinpoint and scan an available station, and I
experienced the least amount of static with it in all of the cars.
Ooh the cars late models - Mercedes S-63AMG (which already has an integrated
iPod/iPhone connection), Toyota Camry and a Chevrolet Camaro. The Monster
performed very well in all of these cars. When there was static it was
experienced in residential areas, densely populated areas and resembled how
playing a record used to sound when you recorded on tape the record playing.
The monster was much better when I was on the expressway and this weekend was
perfect because I was on the expressway for 118 miles each way to my place of
employ and I drove the Toyota one day and the Mercedes the next. I had to
switch channels 1 time going to an 87.7 channel both coming and going with my
commute.
The Camaro was someone else's and I asked if I could try out my device and they
agreed.
The Griffin on the other hand wouldn't work at all with the Mercedes. My phone
said that "this device isn't supported" or something to that effect. It didn't
work well in the Toyota because even though it was digitally searching for
channels, 95.7 which worked in all of the other cars for the Monster, didn't
work for the Griffin. So I was always scanning channels and made for a
miserable ride with it. Over the 118 miles going to work at 10am I counted and
chose 5 different channels. I came home at 3 in the morning and only had to
choose 3 channels. The sound quality was a little more static-y (is that a word
lol) too which didn't make for a pleasant driving experience.
I will keep the Monster - the charging ability was lightning fast - even if I
never listen to music through it, I like the charge capability. Oddly the
Mercedes built in system doesn't charge well, but sounds wonderful. The Griffin
charged considerably slower in addition to its inability to find a channel - so
while it was a gift, its not usable for me in any capacity.
Sharon H. (The previous is my own personal experience, I'm not endorsing any
product for anybody else)
http://akaivyleaf-musings.blogspot.com/
________________________________
From: Shirley <phlame1@gmail.com>
To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, August 20, 2010 11:14:59 PM
Subject: [apple-iphone] Re: fm transmitter 4 car
that would be great....I'll be waiting to hear!
--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, twenty pearls <akaivyleaf@...> wr ote:
>
> I have the monster and I have no complaints about it.... The problem with FM
> transmitters is really finding an open FM channel - at least for me. Atlanta
>is
>
> FM saturated and finding an open station was HARD.
>
> I was also gifted a griffin transmitter - just yesterday matter of fact I'll
> try it out to see which one I like better.
>
>
> Sharon H.
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Shirley <phlame1@...>
> To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Fri, August 20, 2010 5:39:24 PM
> Subject: [apple-iphone] fm transmitter 4 car
>
>
> I have an IPOD touch 3rd gen and i need an fm transmitter for my car that
>WORKS.
>
> i have a Monster and it is awful!!!!!!! My old one was great but it doesn't
>work
>
> with the 3rd G.
0 comments:
Post a Comment