Re: [apple-iphone] Re: iPhone 4: regrets?

Monday, August 23, 2010 12:09 PM By Livemail

 

John,

I think you're preaching to the choir, with that question. I would have been very surprised if you had gotten one negative reply.

I have not switched, for two reasons, and both directly related to being recently laid off. I can't afford it right not, and I don't want to extend my contract.

I seriously would consider getting a non-subsidized contract to avoid extending a contract, but I can not afford it right now. I started using AT&T with a non-subsidized Treo 650, 5 years ago. At a $200 premium for the Treo, it was a no brainer, since I traveled all over North America. If I got dropped somewhere the service was bad, I did not want the EFT to stop me from switching. Too many of my work sites have been in farmers fields with no AT&T signal, yet the locals were yaking away on their cell phones with a different carrier, while standing next to me. This was on a post-paid account.

While having nothing to do with your question, but what gives me the hots for AT&T is the dirty little secret that AT&T won't admit to. If you are on a pay-as-you-go plan, you don't get access to most of their partnership agreements. Their coverage maps appear to have the same coverage, but it is all smoke and mirrors.

While driving through southern Wyoming, there is no signal for AT&T pay-as-you-go, and it is terrible in Colorado, including the largest population concentration of greater Metro Denver.

Brent

Outside of Portland, OR,
on my 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, early 2008, Mac OS X 10.6.4,
& iPhone 3GS, iOS 4, nearby.

On Aug 23, 2010, at 9:38 AM, jparkerg@yahoo.com wrote:

>
> To clarify from my earlier post,
> I *do* have the iP4 and love it. I became curious when I was seeing a few posters who *recently* got 3G or 3Gs vs. iP4.
>
> For me the speed, the battery life, along with the amazing camera and display made it a no brainer.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment